Email Marketing Tips The Pros Don’t Want You To Know
Email marketing can be one of the best ways to introduce yourself to potential customers or to build on the relationship they already have with existing customers. The information and tips in the article below can help you implement an email marketing campaign that will help you have an effective email marketing strategy.
- One way to keep your email readers engaged is to ask them questions. These should not be rhetorical questions, either. Provide a feedback channel they can use to send you answers. You could ask for direct replies via email, or send your readers to your social networking pages. However you arrange it, asking for two-way communication is a great way to cultivate loyalty in your subscribers.
- Be straight forward with your recipients about what they will be receiving. When someone opts to receive e-mail from you, make sure they know what they’re agreeing to. Keep information easily visible about what they will be receiving in these e-mails and how often these e-mail will arrive in their inbox.
- Apply dynamic content to customize individual messages whenever possible. If someone has made multiple purchases of your products and services in the past, then send emails containing recommendations based on those past purchases. It is easy to find out what customers of one item have also bought in the past, and basing recommendation on these associations can actually surprise your subscribers with useful ideas beneficial to them.
- Think above the fold when designing your messages. In newspapers, anything above the page folds features a lot more prominently than material lower on the page. If someone has to scroll down to see your call to action element, chances are pretty good they will not ever see it, much less click it.
- All email marketers would be wise to take advantage of the auto-response feature in whatever email application you are using. This will help you save time immensely as the entire process is automated, and it will also give your readers quick feedback from you letting them know that you are a good communicator.
- Keep your important aspects of your messages “above the fold.” This “fold” refers to the area that is previewed in an email program. Anything that is important should be arranged with this “fold” in mind. Many readers use these to preview a message before deciding to open it. Keep anything important within this area so that they don’t have to scroll to find it.
- Ensure your email matches your brand. It is important for your customers to instantly recognize who is emailing them, and a great way to do this is by including your company name and logo prominently in the email. You can also employ a colour scheme that matches that of your website to further connect the two mediums of communication.
No doubt, email marketing can be very effective in interacting with potential customers. As well as developing an ongoing relationship with customers whom you already have. Using the tips and techniques from the article above can help you create an email marketing campaign that will make your business and your customers very happy.