UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) helps businesses export and grow into global markets. We also help overseas companies locate and grow in the UK.
UKTI services are provided in over 100 markets throughout the world. They are delivered by:
- over 1,200 staff outside the UK
- around 500 staff in our London and Glasgow headquarters
- around 400 staff based in the English regions
Export services for UK businesses
You can also search for UKTI events, trade fairs, missions and webinars.
UKTI provides access to a regional network of international trade specialists across the UK which:
- help businesses acquire the skills, contacts and confidence to start exporting or to break into new markets
- work closely with our global network of UKTI advisers, to ensure UK businesses are given the best advice about exporting to their chosen destinations
- high value opportunities, to help businesses win large projects overseas
- e-exporting, to help retailers and brands to sell their products online
- tradeshow access, providing grants to eligible businesses so they can attend overseas events
- overseas market introductions, offering tailored research from our network of overseas experts
- bidding for international aid agency projects
Other support for exporters
You can find sources of support for exporters from Exporting is GREAT. First time exporters may be interested to:
- draw up an export plan using Open to Export, a free advice service for exporters
- find out about ways to finance exporting from UK Export Finance
Investment services for non-UK businesses
Read more about the help UKTI can give to businesses considering setting-up in the UK
The global team of UKTI staff based in British Embassies, High Commissions or Consulates help overseas companies to locate or invest in the UK. This international network:
- identifies market opportunities in the UK and Europe
- provides advice on setting up in the UK (covering tax, employment, marketing, visas)
- identifies ideal events and networking opportunities with British suppliers
UKTI also provides specialist help for entrepreneurs, and ongoing support to help companies grow their business after setting up in the UK.
Other support for UK investors
A network of local support for UK inward investors who can help companies set up in the UK.
Enquiries for overseas companies looking to set up in the UK
International buyers of UK goods and services
UKTI connects overseas businesses with the right UK partners and suppliers through meet-the-buyer events, networking receptions, and product launches.
Get ahead with the International Trade Course: This course is designed to provide the learners, and those operating within International Trade, an opportunity to broaden their understanding of global trade issues, and to gain a clear understanding of the processes and practicalities of International Trade.