Gynecology & Midwifery from the perspective of traditional Iranian medicine (1)
Course code: 10T13
Duration: 48 Hours
Pre-requisite: General terminology (1) and (2)
Traditional Iranian Medicine (TIM) or Persian Medicine consists of the sum of all the knowledge and practices used in diagnosis, prevention, and elimination of diseases in Persia from ancient times to present. It is based entirely on practical experience and observations passed down from generation to generation.
The Gynecology & Midwifery from the perspective of traditional Iranian medicine course has been design based on the practical experience and observations passed down from generation to generation.
After completing this specialized course, the student is expected to be able to:
1-Give the diagnosis of temperament and diseases related to women.
2- To be able to analyze women’s diseases.
3-Provide consulting services in the field of nutritional recommendations and mood adjustment and sustainable health.
4- In the field of women’s health and women’s diseases, including uterus and breast, he can provide scientific solutions.
5- Get the necessary preparation to enter the next specialized courses and clinical internship.
Teaching Method: Online
Assessment: Interview and Test
Student evaluation: class attendance and activity, test
1. The importance and position of women and midwifery in the history of traditional Iranian medicine.
2. The importance of the uterus as one of the organs of the body.
3. Bibliography of gynecological diseases and midwifery
4. The description of the uterus and its functions
5. Menstrual and postpartum blood
6. Specialized temperament of uterine health
7. Specialized temperament and differential diagnosis of uterus diseases
8. Nutrition and measures for prevention and treatment
9. The connection of the uterus with other organs and the connection of other organs with the uterus
10. Spices related to the uterus and their effects
11. Uterus stimulants
12. Study of (mineral, vegetable, animal & artificial) spices in traditional Iranian medicine
13. Causes of uterus diseases
14. Understanding the symptoms of uterus diseases (review of symptoms)
15. An overview of uterus diseases and their classification in traditional Iranian medicine
16. Contextual analysis of specialized medical texts
17. Common diseases of uterus and other body organs
18. General treatment of uterine diseases (treatment protocols and course of treatment)
19. Diseases specific to women (uterus disorders, win the womb, wounds, scars, hemorrhoids, rash)
20. The number of prior abortions and the necessity of abortions
21. Signs of fetal weakness and death
22. Placental retention and fetal death
23. Postpartum retention
24. Sexual issues and family planning, Intercourse
25. Sexual pleasure and its connection with body temperament
26. Fertility, pregnancy and checking symptoms
27. Gender determination, signs of fetal sex
28. Maintaining hygiene during pregnancy / stimuli on pregnancy
29. Preventing pregnancy
30. Complications and diseases during pregnancy and after
31. Methods and behaviors of treatment in women’s diseases
32. Setting the course of treatment and treatment protocols
33. Comparative review of common uterus disease; Cysts of the uterus and ovaries; uterus fibroids
34. Breast’s function
35. Interrelationship of the breast and other organs
36. Overview of breast diseases
37. Lack of milk / The abundance of milk
38. Swelling and enlargement of the breast
39. Summary of contents and findings and experiences of the professor
*1 Terminology lesson (1) & (2) are related to medical terms, diseases and specific topics including their use in general terms.
*2. The intellectual and material rights of this course are reserved for Mehdi Sayadi and colleagues