https://polacocina.com/2023/05/03/mx6l0ehpdq Big Question:
What is the single most important advice you would offer a person new to leadership?
How would you respond to this question:
https://www.maiseyyates.com/2023/05/03/nbcy0np “If you were assigned to mentor a person new to leadership and could only share one thing with them to help them be most effective, what advice would you give them?”
Here are the top six recommendations offered:
- https://polacocina.com/2023/05/03/mdygu3f Build relationship with your employees
- Lead by https://reclamthebay.org/nyswdj6ra positive example
- Be a https://www.maiseyyates.com/2023/05/03/ri0y2rk good communicator
- Be humble and/or open-minded
- https://www.janneysound.com/h6035x3tg Be flexible
- https://www.buxmontuu.org/2023/05/03/awgg0ap Be prepared…Do your planning/preparation in advance
https://patrickearlhammie.com/wro6vuldb https://www.daveburchett.com/2023/05/03/yne6u4480du How does this advice fits with your experience? If I asked the same question to you, what would you say? After questioning more than four hundred reputedly good leaders, the following themes emerged:
- Challenge the process
- https://www.lughtechnology.com/b59zk3xbn Inspire a shared vision
- https://discoversiloam.com/uncategorized/0hosyzh Enable others to act
- Order Xanax Online Legally Model the way
- https://patrickearlhammie.com/kjxtgufkt4 Encourage the heart
The advice offered by Dr. Merlin Switzer course, participants got a direct hit with “ Buy Strong Valium lead by positive example.” Moreover, being humble was a key finding in Jim Collins’ book, Good to Great, of Level 5 leaders.
When one drills down in The Leadership Challenge themes, each of them consists of various competencies or practices. For example, Modeling the Way, involves setting an example by behaving in ways that are consistent with shared values. The authors recommend various actions, such as taking time to do a personal assessment, writing your personal leadership credo, https://www.lughtechnology.com/7vlkq6zew audit your actions, etc.
Modeling the Way also involves https://fromthesmithsphotography.co.uk/lx760k3obwh achieving small wins that promote consistent progress and build commitment.
https://polacocina.com/2023/05/03/ugbos4e64w Actions supportive of this commitment include such things as:
- Making plans and breaking them down into smaller parts
- Creating pilots to experiment with the process
- Finding volunteers to make improvements
- Selling the benefits to others
https://reclamthebay.org/dom0t9o How did you do? Better yet, ask your employees for their perspectives. You might be surprised at the feedback. Effective leaders want to stay relevant. They want to get better. They keep growing. They are open to feedback. Remember, giving good advice is one thing, acting on it is another!
https://www.daveburchett.com/2023/05/03/31gs3q4 Dr. Merlin Switzer is Managing Partner at Switzer Associates
He helps clients with improving Leadership, Leading Change & Team Development
Email | LinkedIn | Web |
Read the full Article: Your Best Single Piece of Leadership Advice | Linked 2 Leadership.
Leave A Comment
https://www.georgejon.com/news/or3woes6 You must be logged in to post a comment.