- Course code: 10T13
- Duration: 64 Hours
- Credit: 4
- Teaching Method: Online
- Assessment: Interview and Test
- Student evaluation: class attendance and activity, test
Pre-requisite: General terminology (1) and (2)
Traditional Iranian Medicine (TIM) or Persian Medicine consists of the sum of all the knowledge and practices used in diagnosis, prevention, and elimination of diseases in Persia from ancient times to present. It is based entirely on practical experience and observations passed down from generation to generation.
The Digestive system from the perspective of traditional Iranian medicine course has been design based on the practical experience and observations passed down from generation to generation.
After completing this specialized course, the student is expected to be able to:
- Give diagnosis of stomach, intestine, liver, gall bladder, spleen and diseases related to the digestive system.
- To be able to analyze diseases of the stomach, intestine, liver, gall bladder, spleen and diseases related to the digestive system.
- Provide consulting services in the field of nutritional recommendations and mood adjustment and sustainable health.
- To be able to provide scientific solutions for maintaining a healthy digestive system.
- Preparation for entering the next specialized courses and clinical internship.
- The importance and position of digestion and related organs (mouth, throat, stomach, small intestine, liver, etc…)
- Bibliography of digestive diseases of the stomach, intestines, liver, gall bladder and spleen
- General description of the mouth, throat, stomach, small and large intestine, liver
- Maintaining the health of the digestive system (nutrition and measures for prevention and treatment) and proper nutrition
- Stomach and related organs
- Diagnosis of digestive system diseases
- The relation between stomach and digestive system and other organs
- Spices related to digestive diseases and their effects
- The supplements of the four forces and the recognition of mineral, vegetable, animal, and artificial base spices in TIM
- Causes of stomach and digestive diseases
- An overview of digestive diseases and their classification in traditional Iranian medicine
- Content analysis of specialized medical texts (reading, interpretation, and correction of specialized texts)
- Relation between digestive system disease (stomach and related organs) and other body organs
- General treatment of digestive system diseases (treatment protocols and course of treatment
- Diseases of the stomach and related organs
- Stomach diseases: upset stomach, stomach-ache, inflammation, indigestion,
- excessive thirst, stomach ulcers and rashes, flatulence, burp, vomiting, nausea, stomach upset, heartburn, stomach rest, stomach tissue analysis, stomach spasm, gastric cleansing, small stomach
- Liver diseases: liver disorder, liver weakness, liver swelling, liver pain, hepatic, swelling of abdominal muscles, liver emphysema, rashes on the surface of the liver, liver failure, liver tissue, liver uprising
- Gallbladder diseases: Jaundice, Century
- Spleen diseases: Jaundice, Indigestion of the spleen, Spleen swelling, Inoculation of the spleen, Spleen weakness, Spleen century, Bloating of the spleen, Spleen cell
- Intestinal diseases: Diarrhoea of children, the exit of the stomach from the intestine, flatulence and gurgling of the intestines, colic
- Rectal, Anal diseases: Haemorrhoids, Respiratory haemorrhoids, anal fissure, swelling of the anus, anus relaxation, anus ulcers
- Gastrointestinal Diseases Class Research
- Treatment methods and behaviours in digestive diseases
- Setting the course of treatment and treatment protocols
- Summarizing the contents and findings and experiences of the teacher
- The role of psychological symptoms in digestive diseases
*1 Terminology lesson (1) & (2) are related to medical terms, diseases and specific topics including their use in general terms.
*2. The intellectual and material rights of this course are reserved for Mehdi Sayadi and colleagues