- Course code: 10T13
- Duration: 48 Hours
- Credit: 3
- Teaching Method: Online
- Assessment: Interview and Test
- Student evaluation: class attendance and activity, test
Pre-requisite: General terminology (1) and (2)
Traditional Iranian Medicine (TIM) or Persian Medicine consists of the sum of all the knowledge and practices used in diagnosis, prevention, and elimination of diseases in Persia from ancient times to present. It is based entirely on practical experience and observations passed down from generation to generation.
The Gynecology & Midwifery from the perspective of traditional Iranian medicine course has been design based on the practical experience and observations passed down from generation to generation.
After completing this specialized course, the student is expected to be able to:
- Give the diagnosis of temperament and diseases related to women.
- To be able to analyze women’s diseases.
- Provide consulting services in the field of nutritional recommendations and mood adjustment and sustainable health.
- In the field of women’s health and women’s diseases, including uterus and breast, he can provide scientific solutions.
- Get the necessary preparation to enter the next specialized courses and clinical internship.
- The importance and position of women and midwifery in the history of traditional Iranian medicine.
- The importance of the uterus as one of the organs of the body.
- Bibliography of gynecological diseases and midwifery
- The description of the uterus and its functions
- Menstrual and postpartum blood
- Specialized temperament of uterine health
- Specialized temperament and differential diagnosis of uterus diseases
- Nutrition and measures for prevention and treatment
- The connection of the uterus with other organs and the connection of other organs with the uterus
- Spices related to the uterus and their effects
- Uterus stimulants
- Study of (mineral, vegetable, animal & artificial) spices in traditional Iranian medicine
- Causes of uterus diseases
- Understanding the symptoms of uterus diseases (review of symptoms)
- An overview of uterus diseases and their classification in traditional Iranian medicine
- Contextual analysis of specialized medical texts
- Common diseases of uterus and other body organs
- General treatment of uterine diseases (treatment protocols and course of treatment)
- Diseases specific to women (uterus disorders, win the womb, wounds, scars, hemorrhoids, rash)
- The number of prior abortions and the necessity of abortions
- Signs of fetal weakness and death
- Placental retention and fetal death
- Postpartum retention
- Sexual issues and family planning, Intercourse
- Sexual pleasure and its connection with body temperament
- Fertility, pregnancy and checking symptoms
- Gender determination, signs of fetal sex
- Maintaining hygiene during pregnancy / stimuli on pregnancy
- Preventing pregnancy
- Complications and diseases during pregnancy and after
- Methods and behaviors of treatment in women’s diseases
- Setting the course of treatment and treatment protocols
- Comparative review of common uterus disease; Cysts of the uterus and ovaries; uterus fibroids
- Breast’s function
- Interrelationship of the breast and other organs
- Overview of breast diseases
- Lack of milk / The abundance of milk
- Swelling and enlargement of the breast
- Summary of contents and findings and experiences of the professor
*1. Terminology lesson (1) & (2) are related to medical terms, diseases and specific topics including their use in general terms.
*2. The intellectual and material rights of this course are reserved for Mehdi Sayadi and colleagues